A quick guide to inputting registers into Faculty Services
The following is a step by step quick reference guide on how to input attendance registers directly into Faculty Services.
It is expected that this can be used for small group on-campus sessions where a verbal register will be required (i.e. teaching sessions of approximately 30-35 students). This guide should be used in conjunction with the Banner user guide for Faculty Services, where screen shots and further detail can be found.
2. (from P26 of guide) Click on Attendance Recording Activity List link
- Choose Term 2020/21
- From date: enter date of the earliest register from the module
- To date: enter date of the latest register from the module
- Activity name: Module code (LUBSXXXX)
- Click ’Search’ (If you hit enter, it deletes all the information you just entered)
- Identify the correct register from the list – check the date, the time and the lecture/tutorial/seminar number.
- Select ‘View’, then ‘Update’ (don’t click ‘all present’ yet)
- Select ‘All present’. Authorised absences and requested absences will already be marked on the digital register.
- Click on “Absent” for those not in the physical session.
- Select ‘Return’
- Click back into the register to mark any absences per student.
- Select ‘Save & Continue’ when you have finished marking any absences.
- Select ‘Return’
Banner Faculty Service guide
For detailed guidance on how to use Faculty Services, please access the user manual on the IT helpdesk webpage, as follows:
- Login to the IT helpdesk relevant article: https://it.leeds.ac.uk/it?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0012334
- Click on the Faculty Services Guide .PDF at the bottom of the page for the full manual. Note: You may be asked to re-enter your Leeds university single-sign-on user credentials.