A quick guide to inputting registers into Faculty Services
The following is a step by step quick reference guide on how to input attendance registers directly into Faculty Services.
It is expected that this can be used for small group on-campus sessions where a verbal register will be required (i.e. teaching sessions of approximately 30-35 students). This guide should be used in conjunction with the Banner user guide for Faculty Services, where screen shots and further detail can be found.
1. Log in to Faculty Services; https://studentservices.leeds.ac.uk/ and enter email@example.com and password (see p 6-9 of full Faculty Services Guide)
2. (from P26 of guide) Click on Attendance Recording Activity List link
- Choose Term 2020/21
- From date: enter date of the earliest register from the module
- To date: enter date of the latest register from the module
- Activity name: Module code (LUBSXXXX)
- Click ’Search’ (If you hit enter, it deletes all the information you just entered)
- Identify the correct register from the list – check the date, the time and the lecture/tutorial/seminar number.
- Select ‘View’, then ‘Update’ (don’t click ‘all present’ yet)
- Select ‘All present’. Authorised absences and requested absences will already be marked on the digital register.
- Click on “Absent” for those not in the physical session.
- Select ‘Return’
- Click back into the register to mark any absences per student.
- Select ‘Save & Continue’ when you have finished marking any absences.
- Select ‘Return’
Banner Faculty Service guide
For detailed guidance on how to use Faculty Services, please access the user manual on the IT helpdesk webpage, as follows:
- Login to the IT helpdesk relevant article: https://it.leeds.ac.uk/it?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0012334
- Click on the Faculty Services Guide .PDF at the bottom of the page for the full manual. Note: You may be asked to re-enter your Leeds university single-sign-on user credentials.