Registration is an annual process for all students, and it is the School's responsibility to support the students with the process. This page lists downloadable resources for staff to use.
All students must complete the online registration steps to "register" for each academic year. New students (those entering a new course via admissions) also usually need to have their identity checked in order to fully register*. Registration is a separate process to module enrolment; students do not need to be registered to complete module enrolment.
Identity checks for 2020
This year, the Identity Check takes place online. Rather than visiting the Great Hall and showing their documents, students submit their documents through an MS Form. Staff process those documents and upload Banner accordingly. The form can be accessed through the link on students.leeds.ac.uk/registration from 7th September. As well as the identity documents, the MS Form instructs students to upload a passport style photograph. This image is then re-sized and will be uploaded to Banner for staff use. It will also be printed onto the student card.
After completing the online identity check form:
UK/EU/EEA: the student will receive an email asking them to book an appointment via EventBrite to collect their student card at the Great Hall.
International: the student will receive a holding email. This will explain that the University is awaiting delivery of their BRP. They will receive a second email asking them to book an appointment via EventBrite to collect their student card and BRP at the Great Hall after their BRP has been processed.
All of the emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. The emails will also include signposting information.
Student card collection is no longer a mandatory step registration.
Further information is available from students.leeds.ac.uk/registration.
Please note, external students (ie they are resitting assessment externally) do not register online - you can download more information about external student status and access here.
*There is a small list of courses which are exempt from the requirement of identity checks; a full list of exempted programmes can be found within the ARGOS report for "RE students with no ID Checks". If a student on one of these courses has a UK government student loan they will regardless still need to complete the identity check so that the Funding team can confirm their registration to the Student Loans Company.
The Registration Helpline deals with general and complex registration queries all year round. During September the Registration Helpline will be included within the new Student Enquiries Helpdesk, dedicated to dealing with calls and emails on a wide range of queries:
email@example.com (still operational while remote working & year round)
+44 (0)113 343 7000 (outside UK and internal call transfers) or 0800 915 0402 (within UK)
Telephone numbers will be operational as the ‘Student Information Helpline’ from 2 September
For clearly specific queries, students can be directed to the below areas help answer their queries:
- Registration processes and basic troubleshooting: registration pages
- Arrival information: arrival page
- Username/password retrieval: use basic troubleshooting in staff guide download, then registration helpline (see above)
- Online registration: use registration walkthrough download, then registration helpline (see above)
- Fees: fees pages, UGfees@leeds.ac.uk, PGfees@leeds.ac.uk, or 0113 343 6700
- Sponsor queries: fees pages, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0113 343 6700
- University bursaries/funds: University funds pages, email@example.com
- Student Loan/NHS/other funding: external funding pages, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation: accommodation pages, email@example.com or 0113 343 7777
- Accommodation fees: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0113 343 6700
- International students - visa or other issues: international pages, email@example.com
- Incoming Study Abroad students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Foundation Year: email@example.com
- Doctoral College Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taught admissions (central): taught admissions staff guidance, email@example.com
- Registration Staff Guide
- Registration Online Steps Walkthrough
- Registration Timeline September-start
- Registration Deadlines Year-Round
- Registration Timeline Schools Example Contact emails
- Registration Reinstatement Form
- Registration Information Sessions 202021 - Slides (availabe mid-September)
New student arrival pages and guides
If you find you still have questions after reading this page and the resources above, please contact our shared student records inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org.