Financial difficulties

If you're contacted by students who are experiencing financial hardship due to a variety of different reasons, then they may be eligible for the Access to Learning Fund.

Access to Learning Fund 

The Access to Learning Fund (ALF) can't help with tuition fees, nor can it help with University fines or debt. If you are working with students who are having problems with debt, contact the Student Advice Centre at Leeds University Union. The Union can also provide help with budgeting, loans, grants and fees.

Development and career loans

Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL) are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help students with their career or help get them into work.

Banks usually offer the loans at a reduced interest rate and the government pays the interest while they are studying.