The Spark team offer support and resources for students who are thinking about setting up their own businesses. The Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Studies (CEES) are the focal point for enterprise education and research on the campus.
Spark work closely with the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies, offering advice, mentoring, enterprise scholarships and workshops. This business support is available to current University of Leeds students, and up to 7 years after graduation.
Around a third of students intend to start their own business. The Spark team, based within the Careers Service, offers advice and in some cases, funding for business start-ups.
The dedicated Spark team offers:
• Workshops covering all areas of business start-up
• One-to-one business advice
• Enterprise Scholarships
• Incubation office space
• Annual Business Plan Competition
• Enterprise Boot Camps
• Access to potential funding
Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Studies
CEES is the focal point for enterprise education and research on campus.
The team offer:
• Enterprise modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level
• Postgraduate MSc Enterprise
• Discovery modules
• Undergraduate ‘with enterprise’ programmes