Programme support management team
The team leads the development and delivery of processes relating to programme support and brings together specialists from across the University.
Functional managers from faculties and colleagues from relevant central teams work together to ensure the activities supporting the delivery of programmes of study give our students a high-quality and consistent experience.
Membership (information to be reviewed)
|Head of Programmes and Assessment||Louise Powell|
|Faculty Education Service Manager (Eng/MPS)||Terry Owens|
|Student Operations Manager||Jill Williamson|
|Programme Support FM (AHC)||Roz Walsh|
|Faculty representation: Programme Support Functional Managers|
|Arts, Humanities and Cultures||Selina Mountain|
|Biological Sciences||Katie Baxter|
|Education, Social Sciences and Law||Debbie Westmoreland|
|Engineering, MPS and Environment||Noemy Ellis Martin|
|Leeds University Business School||Georgie Barns|
|Medicine and Health||Zoe Gilchrist|
|Specialist services representation|
|Disability Services||Joanna Cannon|
|Online Distance Learning Centre||Lisa Ronkowski|
|PGRO/Doctoral College||Jo Nassor|
|Student Finance||Tony Back|
|Student Lifecycle Programme||Jill Williamson|
|Student Operations||Neil Cockshaw|
|Pro-Dean Student Education||(Vacancy)|
|Invitees (attendance as necessary)|
|Student Operations||Nick Allen|
Terms of Reference
- Operational oversight of Programme Support processes for UG and PGT students, including PGRs (in collaboration with the Doctoral College team).
- Discuss, consult and make recommendations for improvements to Programme Support processes and operational delivery, acting as a reference group for projects related to Programme Support. Address operational challenges with a view to resolution.
- Reach decisions about minor changes to process and operations and ensure that they are effectively communicated.
- Keep abreast of policy and strategy matters impacting this functional area; consider, report and make recommendations on the impact of internal and external developments, including legislation and statutory changes, on operational delivery.
- Oversee, in collaboration with key academic leaders and heads of service, the implementation of changes to policy or practice; develop recommendations for changes to policy or practice, escalating to the appropriate steering group or committee as necessary.
- Share and develop good practice for a one service approach, ensuring policies and practices are transparent, applied consistently and are equitable for a diverse student cohort.
- Own and maintain process maps and supporting documentation.
- Take a holistic approach, considering the impact on the wider institution, and strengthening links with relevant areas of the business in other Professional Services and functional areas, ensuring links and interdependencies are identified.
- Identify training needs and development opportunities for staff within the wider team.