Registration is an annual process for all students. This page lists downloadable resources for staff to use.
All students must complete the online registration steps to "register" for each full academic year, this is a different process to module enrolment. New students (those entering a new course via admissions) also need to have their identity checked in order to fully register*. Historically for students with a pre-September 2017 start date, the latter requirement was to collect a student ID card by presenting proof of identity - the student ID card collection itself is no longer a mandatory step for new course registration.
Please note, external students (ie they are resitting assessment externally) do not register - you can download more information about external student status and access here. Research students also have slight variations in registration - you can download the Research Student Registration Guide for Schools here.
*There is a small list of courses which are exceptions to the registration requirement of ID card collection/identity checks, principally students on distance learning courses who seldom attend campus. Schools should be aware which of their courses fall within this category. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require this list. If a student on one of these courses has a UK government student loan they will regardless still need to complete the identity check so that the Funding team can confirm their registration to the Student Loans Company.
The Registration Helpline deals with general and complex registration queries all year round. During September the team expands from one to about four staff members, dedicated to dealing with calls and emails:
+44 (0)113 343 7000 (outside UK and internal call transfers)
0800 915 0402 (within UK)
For clearly specific queries, students can be directed to the below areas help answer their queries:
- Registration processes and basic troubleshooting: registration pages
- Arrival information: arrival page
- Username/password retrieval: use basic troubleshooting in staff guide download, then registration helpline (see above)
- Qualifications checks: where to take your documents page
- Online registration: use registration walkthrough download, then registration helpline (see above)
- Fees (including sponsor queries): fees pages, email@example.com or 0113 343 6700
- University bursaries/funds: University funds pages, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 2007
- Student Loan/NHS/other funding: external funding pages, email@example.com or 0113 343 2007
- Accommodation: accommodation pages, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 7777
- International students - visa or other issues: international pages, email@example.com or 0113 343 3930
- Incoming Study Abroad students: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 7900
- International Foundation Year: email@example.com or 0113 343 3209
- Postgraduate Research and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 5057
- Taught admissions (central): taught admissions staff guidance, email@example.com or 0113 343 4044
- Registration (and Associated Processes) Staff Guide (v3 Feb 2018)
- Registration Online Steps Walkthrough (v2 Jan 2018)
- Registration Timeline September-start (v1 August 2017)
- Registration Deadlines Year-Round (v1 July 2017)
- Registration Timeline Schools Example Contact emails (v1 July 2017)
- Registration Reinstatement Form (v1 July 2017)
If you find you still have questions after reading this page and the resources above, please contact our shared student records inbox on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 343 7000.