PGR Programmes and Quality Group
The PGR Programmes and Quality Group (previously known as the Programmes of Study and Audit Group) is responsible for matters concerning postgraduate researchers (PGRs) as follows:
- To develop, implement, review and monitor University policy and procedures in relation to the arrangements for research degree candidatures, as required by the Graduate Board;
- To take appropriate action, as required by the Graduate Board, in relation to the maintenance of quality and standards for research degree programmes including collaborative awards;
- To participate in the University's PGR periodic review;
- To send forward recommendations to the Graduate Board on the following matters, where appropriate: the introduction of new research programmes of study and amendments to existing programmes and associated courses including programmes delivered in partnership with other institutions; proposed amendments to Ordinances and Regulations for research degrees.
- To consider, reach decisions upon, and report upon, matters relating to progression within research degree candidatures including the following: transfers from a provisional registration category to full degree registration, suspensions and extensions to the period of study.
- Liaison and consultation with Faculty Graduate School Committees as necessary;
- Liaison and consultation with other Groups of the Graduate Board as necessary.
Membership of the PGR Programmes and Quality Group
- Chair - Amanda Waterman (2019-2022)
Normally one academic representative from each of the Faculties with experience of PGR supervision and examination*:
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures - Irena Hayter (2019-22)
- Biological Sciences - Jon Lippiat (2021-2024)
- Business - Jyoti Mishra (2019-2022)
- Environment - Milena Buchs (2021-2024)
- Engineering & Physical Sciences - Frans Muller (2018-2022) & Simon Rees (2021-2024)
- Medicine and Health - Peter Laslo (2020-2023)
- Social Sciences - Aisha Walker (2018-2022)
- Representative of the Taught Student Education Board (also a Pro-Dean for Student Education) - TBC
- Representative of the PGR Recruitment Group: TBC
- A PGR Representative to be appointed by Leeds University Union or the Education Officer
- Quality Assurance - Jenny Lyon
- Disabled Support Service - Janne Oinonen
- Graduate School Manager - TBC
- Doctoral College - Christina Robinson, Paula North and Kirsty Clarke
* Appointment of Faculty Representatives on the Group is the responsibility of the Faculty Graduate School Committee.
Dates of Meetings (2021/22)
- 8 November 2021
- 24 January 2022
- 21 March 2022
- 16 May 2022