Appeals (research students)

If a candidate for a research degree wishes to appeal against an academic decision, there is a formal procedure to follow.

This procedure applies to research degree candidates registered at the University of Leeds and also at institutions with research degrees accredited by the University of Leeds.  The procedure outlines what a student should do if they want to appeal and explains the actions the University will take in response. 

Appeals must be submitted on a research degree appeal form. 

The procedure and the form are located on the Secretariat website. 

If a student wishes to appeal against marks awarded for taught elements of a research degree programme they should follow the procedure for taught student appeals which is also available on the Secretariat website.