Programmes of study and audit group
The Programmes of Study and Audit Group is responsible for matters concerning postgraduate researchers (PGRs) as follows:
- To develop, implement, review and monitor University policy and procedures in relation to the arrangements for research degree candidatures, as required by the Graduate Board;
- To take appropriate action, as required by the Graduate Board, in relation to the maintenance of quality and standards for research degree programmes;
- To participate in the University's PGR periodic review;
- To send forward recommendations to the Graduate Board on the following matters, where appropriate: the introduction of new research programmes of study and amendments to existing programmes and associated courses; proposed amendments to Ordinances and Regulations for research degrees.
- To consider, reach decisions upon, and report upon, matters relating to the research degree candidatures of individual PGRs including the following: admission of PGRs; transfers from a provisional registration category to full degree registration, suspensions and extensions to the period of study.
- Liaison and consultation with Faculty Graduate School Committees as necessary;
- Liaison and consultation with other Groups of the Graduate Board as necessary.
Membership of the Programmes of Study & Audit Group
- Chair - Dr Mic Spencer (2014-2019)
One academic representative from each of the Faculties with experience of PGR supervision and examination:
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures - TBC
- Biological Sciences - Dr Sreenivasan Ponnambalam (2015-2018)
- Business - Dr Gabriella Alberti (2016-2019)
- Environment - Dr Fiona Gill (2017-2020)
- Education, Social Sciences & Law - Dr Stuart Lister (2015-2018)
- Engineering - Professor Joanne Tipper (2013-2018)
- Mathematics and Physical Sciences - Professor Malcolm Halcrow (2016-2019)
- Medicine and Health - Dr Elena Jones (2015-2018)
- Representative of the Taught Student Education Board (also a Pro-Dean for Student Education) - Dr Mitch Waterman
- Either a PGR Representative* to be appointed by LUU or the Education Secretary: To be confirmed
Appointment of Faculty Representatives on the Group is the responsibility of the Faculty Graduate School Committee.
* The representative must be a registered postgraduate researcher
Dates of Meetings and Venues (2017/18)
- Monday 13 November 2017
- Monday 29 January 2018
- Monday 19 March 2018
- Monday 21 May 2018