We have compiled a list of useful resources and links to support SES colleagues learning and development. These resources work best when accessed through the Internet Explorer browser.
Service knowledge and delivery (function specific)
- SES Essentials: An Introduction to Quality Assurance (e-learning resource)
- Maintaining University programme and module catalogues:Programme Mapping (how mapping can be used to create an industrial or international version of a programme)
SES Essentials: An Introduction to Assessment (e-learning resource)
SES: Preparation for Formal Examination (e-learning resource)
SES: Supporting Assessment, Progression and Award Boards (e-learning resource)
SES: Exams and Progress Team (e-learning resource)
- SES Essentials: An Introduction to Supporting Students (e-learning resource)
- SES: Graduation (e-learning resource)
- Mental health E-learning Package (for non-specialist staff offering front line support to students)
- Staff section of the Careers Centre website includes information and resources for staff to use in supporting students with careers/employability. The Careers Centre also offers ad hoc training for University staff, depending on demand and capacity; contact them to discuss requirements.
- SES colleagues supporting students may find it useful to refer to Skills@Library's provision of support including online resources on Referencing, Maths, Reading and Writing Skills.
See the admissions pages of the SES website for a range of resources, training guides and relevant information.
Service knowledge and delivery (cross functional)
- Banner training and resources are available via the SIMS training home page
- Invigilation Training
- IT training, online courses and resources, including MS Office packages are available via the IT website
- Train the Trainer resources: writing aims and learning outcomes; developing training content; training delivery
- SAP training and resources
- SES knowledge and skills map (pdf) - sets out the knowledge and skills necessary across the whole organisation to deliver a sector-leading Student Education Service
Collaboration, support and communications
- Equality and Diversity Essentials (e-learning course)
- Leeds AUA network
- Mentoring online resources
- Networking tip sheet (pdf)
- Other networks at the University of Leeds: networks listed on For Staff website; networks listed on SDDU site
Personal and professional effectiveness
- AUA CPD Framework
- Guidance on Inclusive Teaching
- Guidance on preparing papers for University committees
- Template action plan - use this Word template to help you plan and achieve your goals
- A learning log is a useful tool to help you track your professional development activities and embed your learning - learning log template and guidance (powerpoint)
- Skills training is available through the Logik Centre, subject to funding. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Useful guides - these Pansophix learning resources are licensed for University use by SDDU, and provide guidance on a wide range of topics relating to self development, working with others and management.
Leadership Development Programmes
Leadership & Professional Skills (provided by OD&PL)