The policy on support for students who are parents or carers gives guidance on managing the impact that caring responsibilities may have on a student's attendance, and on the level of flexibility that may be appropriate.
The Equality Service provides information, support and help for students who are parents. They provide guidance on the following areas:
- A summary of the key responsibilities
- Whether a student needs to notify their school or department
- The implications and impact on study
- How to determine an appropriate level of flexibility, and support for staff in doing this
- Support and available facilities
- Further information.
The policy on support for students who are parents or carers describes the University's approach to supporting students who care for children or dependent adults.