Caring responsibilities may have an impact on a student's attendance and assessment and we are committed to providing the flexibility that may be appropriate. A policy for carers gives guidance on the steps that we can take in handling any impact that this may have.
The Equality Service provides information, support and help for students who are carers. They provide guidance on the following areas:
- A summary of the key responsibilities
- Whether a student needs to notify their school or department
- The implications and impact on study
- How to determine an appropriate level of flexibility and support for staff in doing this
- Support and available facilities
- Further information.
The policy on support for students who are parents or carers describes the University's approach to supporting students who care for children or dependent adults.